NASIK ROAD: The Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering, Nasik Road, conducted the “Passing out Ceremony of 28 IRSEE Probationary Officers of 2015 batch on 19th January 2018.
Member Traction, Railway Board, New Delhi and ex officio Principal Secretary to Government of India, Shri Ghanshyam Singh, the Chief Guest of the function, distributed passing out certificates and presented medals to the meritorious Probationary Officers.
Director, IRIEEN, Principal Chief Electrical Engineer, CR/Mumbai, Divisional Railway Manager, Bhusawal, other important dignitaries and retired Officers from senior posts of Indian Railways also graced the occasion
A “Training Guide” for the use of Probationary officers was released on the occasion.
Medals were also awarded to Induction Course in service Electrical Officers, who have excelled in the courses held during past one year.
Earlier Shri Pradeep Jain, Director, IRIEEN in his welcome address briefed about various developments in the academic and other areas in IRIEEN. It was also indicated that 28 Probationary Officers of IRSEE 2015 will be passed out after successfully completing 78 weeks of training programme.
On this occasion, Chief Guest Shri Ghanshyam Singh, Member Traction delivered a motivational speech to the Probationary officers to guide them in the field of Technical and Management areas.
IRIEEN, in its premises, to support environment, organized Tree Plantation by Shri Ghanshyam singh, MTR/Railway Board, New Delhi and other dignitaries. He also inaugurated newly built Squash Court, Badminton court for supervisors and Solar system in STC ( Supervisor Training Centre), giving a thrust on green energy.
Shri Singh also addressed newly recruited supervisors undergoing initial training.
To mark the occasion, theme based seminar on the subject of “CHALLENGES IN MIGRATION AS DEEMED LICENCEE & “MISSION ELECTRIFICATION” was also organized in the forenoon session.
The function ended in the evening and was made more colouful with cultural programme by IRIEEN faculty, Probationary Officers, staff and their wards.
Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering (IRIEEN), Nashik was set up by the Indian Railways at Nashik in Maharashtra for imparting training to newly appointed officers of Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE), recruited through Engineering Services Examination conducted by UPSC, New Delhi.
The Institute was set up in the year 1988 at Nashik, Maharashtra. The Institute is headed by the Director who is assisted by a gallant team of Nine faculty members, who are having practical experience as well as technical qualifications.
As laid down by the Railway Board, the Institute imparts training as a statutory measure to:
- IRSEE Probationers.
- Integrated orientation course for Group-B Officers in all aspects of the working of Electrical Department before their absorption in Group-A services.
- Senior Professional Development Course for Junior Administrative Grade officers prior to their being considered for promotion to Selection Grade.
In addition the above, short-term special courses are also being conducted throughout the year on specialized subjects with the latest technical know-how and as requests received from zonal railways.
The IRIEEN is one of six Centralised Training Institutes that share the task of training of officers. The other Centralised Training Institutes are:
- Indian Railways Institute of Transport Management, Lucknow for Indian Railway Traffic Service Officers recruited through the Civil Services Exam.
- Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering, Pune for civil engineers,
- Indian Railway Institute of Signal and Telecommunications Engineering, Secunderabad for engineers of S&T department,
- Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering & Jamalpur Gymkhana, Jamalpur for mechanical engineers
- RPF Academy Lucknow, for officers of Railway Protection Force and
- Railway Staff College, Vadodara functions as the apex training institute for the officers of all departments in general and Accounts, Personnel, Stores, and Medical departments in particular.