HUBBALLI: South Western Railway General Manager A.K. Gupta, honoured meritorious employees who have excelled in their performance during the year 2016-17 on the occasion of 62nd Railway Week celebrated at the Chalukya Railway Institute, Gadag Road, Hubballi.
GM complimented the officers, supervisors and staff of SWR for their concerted efforts. A total of 21 Gazatted officers, 130 staff received individual awards, three woman of the year award, 8 group awards comprising of 49 employees and Efficiency Shield of 19 and one Overall Efficiency Shield to Hubballi Division.
The awards comprises cash award with merit certificate and group awards with certificates were also given on the occasion.
GM exhorted the employees to strive to win over the hopes of passengers by maintaining the punctuality of trains, hygiene in coaches/stations and security of passengers. And thus serve the nation with a smile. He said that with the sincere and dedicated effort of staff and officers, SWR achieved the unprecedented success in the year 2016-17.
Shri A.K. Gupta, General Manager of SWR was the Chief Guest of the 62nd Railway week. The Principal Heads of all departments, Department heads and all other officers of the zone also graced the occasion. Staff, supervisors, along with their family members, members of staff unions and representatives of the media attended the function.
Shri S.K.Albela, Chief Personnel Officer welcomed the function and Shri Srinivasaraghavan, Deputy Chief Personnel Officer/Headquarters and welfare paid vote of thanks.
Winners of Efficiency Shields for the year 2016-17
- Accounts Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Commercial Efficiency Shield- Bengaluru Division
- Electrical Efficiency Shield- Bengaluru Division
- Engineering Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Mechanical Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Medical Efficiency Shield-Mysuru Division
- Operating Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Personnel Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Security Efficiency Shield- Hubballi Division
- Signal &Telecommunication Efficiency Shield- Bengaluru Division
- Stores Efficiency Shield-General stores Depot/ Hubballi
- Inter Divisional Safety Shield- Mysuru Division
- Inter Divisional Rajbhasha Rolling Shield- Hubballi Division
- Workshop Efficiency Shield- Mysuru Workshop
- Best performing Construction Unit- Deputy Chief Engineer/West Bangalore Cannt.
- Best Maintained Running Room- Subramaniya Road of Mysuru Division
- Best Maintained station(Major)-Hubballi station of Hubballi Division
- Best Maintained station(Minor)-Kadur station of Mysuru Division
- Best Maintained Rake- Rake of Train No.12627/28 Bengaluruu- New Delhi- Bengaluru Express
- Overall Efficiency Shield – Hubballi Division