KANPUR: The civil works tender for building nine metro rail stations of the Kanpur Metro Rail project has been worn by M/s AFCONS Infrastructure Limited. M/s AFCONS emerged as the lowest bidder, edging out competitors Larsen & Toubro Limited, KEC-CCECC JV and NCC.
The successful bid for the project means AFCONS Infrastructure will be responsible for constructing the nine initially planned nine metro stations in Kanpur and elevated viaduct structures for the same.
The nine stations are IIT Kanpur Station, Kalyanpur Railway Station, Motijheel Station, Gurudev Chauraha Station, Geeta Nagar Station, Rawatpur Railway Station, Kanpur University Station, SPM Hospital Station and Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital Station.
The contract for the said work is worth Rs 676 crore while the whole project will cost an estimated Rs 11,076.48 crore.
The technical bid for the project was also opened earlier last month (August 2019), and work will be contracted out for an estimated Rs 105.00 crore.
A number of cities in Uttar Pradesh are set to get their own metro rail systems in the coming years, with Agra and Kanpur metros already having received approval from the Centre, while metros for Meerut, Gorakhpur and Varanasi in various stages of planning.
Bids invited for Depot E&M Workshop works of Kanpur Metro Rail project
Scope of Work: Civil, PEB, and E&M work for construction of Depot cum workshop, including structural, architectural, plumbing, drainage, external development, road works, electrical, mechanical, VAC, fire fighting, fire detection etc. at Government Polytechnic Depot for IIT Kanpur to Naubasta Corridor-1 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
- Approximate cost of work:INR 105.00 Crore
- Tender Security/Earnest Money Deposit (EMD):INR 1.05 Crore
- Work Completion period:18 months
- Tender Document Cost:INR 23,600.00 (including GST)
- Sale of Tender Document:From 30.08.2019 to 20.09.2019
- Pre-Bid Meeting:09.2019 at 15.00hrs
- Date & time of Submission of Tender:10.2019 till 15.00 hrs.
- Opening of Technical Bid:10.2019 at 15.30 hrs.
Eligibility Criteria: The tenderers should have completed at least one similar work of the value of Rs. 84.00 crore or more, or two similar works each of value of Rs. 52.50 crore or more or three similar works each of value of Rs. 42.00 crores or more during the last seven years ending 31st July 2019. Similar work for this contract shall be work of construction of Metro train depot/Metro stations/Metro building/Ramp comprising Civil, Architectural & E&M works.
- Liquidity:Minimum cash flow should be at least Rs.10.00 crore.
- Profitability:Profit before Tax should be Positive in at least two years, out of the last five audited financial years.
- Net worth:Net Worth of tenderer during the last audited financial year should be >Rs. 14.00 crore.
- Annual Turnover:The average annual turnover from the construction of the last five financial years should be > Rs.56.00 crore.