SECUNDERABAD: South Central Railway gave a major push to Passenger Amenities during 2016-17 fiscal, with Special focus on providing all required minimum essential amenities. A total of 68 Railway Stations were upgraded with minimum essential amenities in 2016-17, thereby attaining the landmark of all the 704 Railway Stations on SCR being equipped with all minimum essential amenities. Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, General Manager, SCR had laid emphasis on development of passenger amenities as a priority on the Zone, with an amount of Rs. 68.29 Crore being spent for the purpose during 2016-17.
Railway Stations are categorised in terms of earnings per annum:
- ‘A1’ Category stations are those with earnings above Rs. 60 Crore per annum
(05 stations on SCR)
- ‘A’ Category stations are those with earnings between Rs. 8 to 60 Crore per annum (31 Stations on SCR)
- ‘B’ Category stations are those with earnings between Rs. 4 to 8 Crore per annum
(38 Stations on SCR)
- ‘C’ Category pertains to all Suburban Stations (21 Stations on SCR)
- ‘D’ Category stations are those with earnings between Rs. 60 Lakh to Rs. 4 Crore
(80 stations on SCR)
- ‘E’ Category Stations are those with earnings below 60 Lakhs (378 stations on SCR)
- ‘F’ Category pertains to all Halt stations (151 Stations on SCR).
On the basis of projected traffic / earnings, certain minimum amenities are required to be provided at each category of station.
The amenities include Booking facility, Drinking water, Waiting halls, Seating arrangement, Platform shelter, Toilets, Foot Over Bridge, Time Table Display, Water Coolers, Public Address System, Parking cum Circulation area, Electronic Train Indication boards, Signage’s etc., which are provided as per the category classification of the station.
The other high points pertaining to Passenger Amenities, achieved by SCR during the FY 2016-17 includes:
- 10 Stations viz., Machilipatnam, Markapur Road, Raichur, Rajahmundry, Ongole, Gadwal, Washim, Dharmabad, Donakonda & Kesamudram stations were converted as Adarsh Stations during the year, taking the Total no. of Adarsh Stations on SCR to 68.
- 06 Foot Over Bridges were provided during the year. The stations are Guntakal, Bodhadi Bujrug, Adilabad, Krishna Canal, Rayanapadu & Hyderabad stations.
- Washable Aprons for Platforms were provided at 07 stations of Dharmavaram, Parbhani, Nagarsol, Guntakal, Jalna, Tenali & Narsapur stations during the year.
- 17 Platforms were extended at Nizamabad, Malkajgiri (02 Platforms), Nagarsol, Bidar, Sitaphalmandi, Manguru, Basar (02 Platforms), Kurnool City, Umri (02 Platforms), Pakala, Gandhipuram Halt, Pocharam stations, Vidyanagar and Jamia Osmania stations. In addition, Cover Over Platforms was also extended at
17 stations of Kacheguda (02 No’s), H.S.Nanded (02 No’s), Aurangabad, Vikarabad, Eluru, Warangal, Basar, Nagarsol (03 No’s), Dhone, Vijayawada, Sadasivapet, Latur Road, Seram stations.
- New Toilet facilities were provided at 21 stations.
- 06 Lifts were commissioned at Nizamabad (02 No’s), H.S. Nanded (02 No’s) and Khammam (02No’s) during FY 2016-17 taking the total to 40 Lifts on the Zone.
- Continuing with the stress on Clean Toilets, 2122 Bio-Toilets have been fit in Coaches during 2016-17, a record highest for any year.
- 20 Toilets have been built all “A1 Category Railway Stations” for the use of specially enabled (Divyang) passengers. At present, all A1, A & B category stations on SCR hold amenities for the Divyang travellers.
- During 2016-17, free High Speed Wi-Fi facilities have been provided at 10 Stations.
For the current fiscal 2017-18 too, Passenger Amenities and facilities have been identified as one of the marked priority areas for SCR by the General Manager.