Hyderabad/New Delhi: India is experiencing phenomenal growth in urban population in the last few decades. As a result, cities are witnessing tremendous growth in vehicular growth and the share of private modes of transport such as two-wheelers and four-wheelers increasing exponentially.
To increase the share of public transport, many Indian cities are developing world-class Rail based Mass Rapid Transit Systems (MRTS).
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched IGBC Green Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) Rating exclusively designed to address green practices during design, construction and operation of metro and monorail systems.
The rating system is developed with the active participation and support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), Chennai Metro Rail Ltd, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd, Kochi Metro Rail Ltd, Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Ltd and other key stakeholders of the industry.
To further spread awareness on Green Metro Systems, CII-IGBC in association with DMRC Ltd is organizing a One-Day National Conference on Green Metro Systems on 12 June 2015 at Metro Bhavan, New Delhi.
The overarching objective of the conference is to deliberate, discuss, share ideas & experiences of all metro stakeholders in developing World-class Green Metro Systems and make India a global leader in Green Metro Systems.
The conference will highlight Energy Efficiency Practices in Metro Rail systems and its operations, Environment and Recycling aspects, Green Building concepts, the necessity of Renewable Energy in Urban Transportaton and Metro Rail systems, initiatives of Green Technology Centre, the Forums and their contributions etc. Please download relevant documents and brochures pertaining to the Conference, click below documents:
- Planning of a World-class Green metro system
- Latest trends in Efficient Design & Construction of Metro System
- Multi-modal Integration
- Green Building Materials & Technologies for Metro Systems
- Traction Equipment
- Energy Efficient Rolling Stock
- Energy Efficient Equipment & Technologies
- Platform Screen Doors
- Fresh air ventilation strategies for Underground stations
- Property Development
- Green Operations & Maintenance for Metro Systems
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Station Management System
Who should attend?
- Commissioning Agents
- Equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Environment Management Experts
- Government & Associations
- Town and Country Planning authorities
- Urban Planners
- Metro Rail corporations
- Transport Planners
- Planning & Construction Companies
- Renewable Energy Companies
- Technology providers
- Secretaries/Jt.Secretaries-Urban Development
- Commissioners of Municipal Corporations
- Ministry of Railways
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Technology Partners
Benefits to Participants:
- Access to experts in facilitating development of World-class Green Metro Rail Systems
- Learn from practitioners, the best practices in Green Metro Systems
- Knowledge sharing on Operations & Maintenance of Green Metro Systems
- Informative case studies & Success stories from field experts
- Explore latest green technologies and products
- Business Networking Opportunities
To know more about the Event, click here to go to the Website of Event Managers and join the Conference on Green Metro Systems 2015 at DMRC Metro Bhavan, New Delhi
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
DMRC – Metro Bhawan
Fire Brigade Lane
New Delhi – 110001, India
Phone : 011-23418302
Contacts: Veera Chakra
Registration URL: http://www.cii.in/OnlineRegistration.aspx?enc=pZVQM37jtSRTHIkmBsithbFFzrB1ZVwkYLFedVlyoT5S48JjKGUICrFrXOSh2ch/