Secunderabad (SC): Shri P.K.Srivastava, General Manager, South Central Railway attributed the performance achievements of South Central Railway to the core commitment and duty mindedness of the work force on the Zone. Credit goes to staff and workers handling assignments as Trackmen, Gatemen, Gate Mitras, Loco Pilots, Safety Counselors, Controllers etc., who are performing to their optimal best, in the success that SCR has attained he said.
The General Manager was addressing a big gathering of Railway Officers, Staff and their family members at the 60th Railway Week Zonal Level Celebrations held today i.e., 10th April, 205 at Rail Kalarang, Bhoiguda, Secunderabad.
Speaking on performance of SCR during the financial year 2014-15 just ended, Shri P.K.Srivastava stated that the apportioned earnings of the Zone has shown a robust growth of 19% in the last financial year compared to previous fiscal (2013-14). In Freight segment the loading has shown a remarkable growth of 9 % with 116.8 million tonnes, with an additional loading of 9.6 million tonnes as compared to 2013-14.
The quantum jumps in freight loading is because of rationalization of freight movement and de-bottle necking the constraints in freight handling, In addition, loading of Coal at Singareni Collieries and Port based loading helped for incremental freight loading on the Zone. A note worthy feature is that though there is a drop in suburban passenger traffic by -0.9% on Indian Railways, on SCR there is a growth of 3%.
The Operating ratio, the bench mark of financial health has been pegged at a healthy 76.5 %, which is lowest in the last five years. The General Manager exhorted the Railway personnel who continue to show the same zeal in the future too.
Shri P.K.Srivastava stated that SCR has earned significant recognition at the National Level by bagging Four Efficiency Shields amongst all Zones on Indian Railways for the year 2014-15. The awards are: – Stores Shield, Sales Management Shield, Running Room Shield (Vijayawada Running Room), Civil Engineering Shield. These awards will be received by General Manager at the National Level Railway Week Function of Indian Railways to be held on 13th April, 2015 at Guwahati, Assam. 07 of SCR’s personnel will also be receiving individual awards at National Level during this function, the General Manager informed.
Later, the General Manager presented 282 individual awards for meritorious work done during the year 2014-15 to Officers and Staff of SCR. He also gave away Group Awards to 15 categories. The culmination of the glittering programme was marked by the performance efficiency shields awarded to Divisions / Departments in various 58 categories. The General Manager’s efficiency shield for over all best performance was jointly awarded to Secunderabad, Guntakal and Vijayawada Divisions.
Earlier, Shri Gajanan Mallya, Senior Deputy General Manager, SCR gave the welcome address and lauded the leadership of Shri P.K.Srivastava, General Manager towards attaining the best results by motivating and encouraging the Officers and Staff on the Zone. Shri Neelakanta Reddy, Deputy General Manager, General, SCR conducted the programme.
Shri M.Umashankar Kumar, Chief Public Relations Officer, SCR presented the Vote of Thanks. The General Manager also released the special issue of “HUM DUM”, SCR’s House Journal on the occasion.
List of Efficiency Shields awarded by Shri P.K.Srivastava, General Manager for the Best Performance in different categories during 2014-15 to Divisions/Departments
- Land Management (Removal of encroachments) – Vijayawada & Guntakal Divisions Jointly
- Family Welfare – Nanded Division
- Best Kept Station – Secunderabad Station (SC Divn)
- Hindi – Secunderabad Division
- Lobo cup – Hyderabad Division
- Best School – Railway Mixed High School/EM/SLGD (Hyderabad Division)
- GM’s shield for Cleanliness – Vijayawada Division
- Best Colony Care (Best Maintained Colony) – Guntakal & Nanded Divisions Jointly
- Best Remodeled Station – Vijayawada Station (BZA Divn)
- Works Shield (Division) – Guntakal & Guntur Division
- Bridges Shield (Division) – Secunderabad & Vijayawada Division
- Road Safety Shield – Hyderabad & Guntakal Divn Jointly
- Best maintained PWI Unit – Secunderabad & Guntur Divn. Jointly
- Best Utilization of Track Machines – Secunderabad & Guntakal Divn.Jointly
- Environment Conservation Shield – Hyderabad Division
- Best Track Shield – Vijayawada & Guntakal Divn. Jointly
- Formation Rehabilitation Shield – Guntakal & Nanded Divn. Jointly
- Best Divl. Civil Engineering – Vijayawada & ZCETI/KCG Jointly
- Best Electrical Coaching Depot – Secunderabad Depot (SC Divn)
- Best Electric Loco Shed – ELS Vijayawada (Vijayawada Divn.)
- Best Energy Conservation Division – Vijayawada Division
- Best Energy Conservation Workshop – Lalaguda Workshop
- Second Best Maintained Coaching Depot – Tirupati Depot (Guntakal Divn.)
- Best maintained Coaching Depot – Vijayawada Depot (Vijayawada Divn.)
- Second Best maintained Rake – T.No.12747/12748(Palnadu Exp/Guntur Divn)
- Best maintained Rake – T.No.17487/17488 (Tirumala Exp/Guntakal Divn)
- Best Wagon ROH Depot – Ramagundam Depot (Secunderabad Divn)
- Best maintained Diesel Shed – Kazipet (Secunderabad Divn.)
- Best mechanical Training Centre – STC, Secunderabad
- Second Best maintained ART – Bitragunta, Vijayawada Division
- Best Maintained ART – Guntakal Division
- Second Best maintained MRV – Guntakal Division
- Best maintained MRV – Nizamabad, Hyderabad Division
- Best Hospital Shield – Vijayawada (Vijayawada Divn.)
- Best Health Unit – Renigunta (Guntakal Divn.)
- Best Colony Sanitation – Nanded Division
- Best S&T Works Shield – Dy. CSTE (Projects), SC
- Scrap Disposal (Stores) – Guntur Division
- Stores – G&S, Mettuguda
- Security – Secunderabad Division
- Best Commercial Shield (Ticket Checking) – Guntakal Division
- Punctuality – Secunderabad & Guntakal Division jointly
- Best Commercial Shield (Parcel Performance) – Secunderabad & Vijayawada Division Jointly
- Mechanical (Workshops) – Lallaguda and Rayanapadu workshops Jointly
- Safety – Guntakal Division
- HRD (Personnel) – Guntur Division
- Best Telecommunication Shield – Secunderabad Division
- Best Signaling Shield – Guntakal Division
- Mechanical (Power) – Guntakal Division
- Finance (Accounts) – Vijayawada & Guntur Division Jointly
- Electric Traction Distribution (TRD) – Vijayawada Division
- Electrical General Services – Hyderabad Division
- Commercial & Marketing (Commercial) – Vijayawada Division
- Electrical Traction Rolling Stock (TRS Operations) – Guntakal Division
- Mechanical (C&W) – Secunderabad Division
- Operations (Operating) – Vijayawada & Guntakal Division Jointly
- Civil Engineering(over all Engg. Shield) – Guntakal Division
- GM’s Efficiency Shield for overall best performance- Secunderabad, Guntakal & Vijayawada.