A lot is being said and debated on the potential that India has to emerge as a major hub for trade in fruits and vegetables. This is primarily because of our strength of a large horticultural bio-diversity and significant volumes of fruits and vegetable currently is to the tune of Rs.1,90,000 Cr. It is also estimated that 30% of the fruit and vegetable production is lost due to poor post harvest management, being valued at almost Rs.60,000 Cr. Given the above situation there exists a tremendous business opportunity in the post harvest technology, cold chain infrastructure, improvement in yield, quality. Marketing etc.
Realizing the potential in this area Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) – a Schedule-A Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, decided to set up its fully owned subsidiary called Fresh and Healthy Enterprise Limited (FHEL).
FHEL is a fully owned subsidiary of CONCOR. It was incorporated in February 2006 with Rs 35 Cores as equity from CONCOR. It has been set up to create world class cold chain infrastructure in the country, to provide complete cold chain logistics solutions to the various stakeholders in this area. FHEL intends to derive its strength from CONCOR its holding company that has continuously achieved excellent MOU ratings and has a track record of excellence in the logistics services sector.
FHEL convinced of long term value that will be able to add to the Fruits and Vegetables sector in the country. In its first year of operation FHEL has progressed well towards its goal of value creation in the F&V sector. FHEL has procured and traded around 1200 tones of quality apples from Shimla and Kinnaur district of Himachal. It’s first 12000 MT State-of the-art CA store, currently the largest in the country, is operational since August 2007. During 2007-2008, FHEL procured, stored and marketed about 12,000 MT of apples from Shimla & Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. FHEL has taken office space in various locations in Himachal. FHEL has also recruited experienced professional from various fields. The capital cost of the first CA facility is around Rs. 90 Cr.
Recruitment for the Post of Chief Operating Officer
The company invites application from experienced and eligible candidates from Central Govt./State Govt./PSUs/Co- operative Societies to be inducted as Chief Operating Officer (COO) on deputation/contract basis. The application should reach the CONCOR before 11th July, 2013.
1. Chief Operating Officer (COO) : 01 Post
2. Pay Scale : One grade higher than the grade the officer is currently working in.
3. Method of selection: On deputation basis for a period of three years (extendable upto 05 years).
4. Age limit: The maximum age limit shall not be exceeding 52 years on the closing date for receipt of applications.
5. Place of Posting: Rai-Sonepat. However, the incumbents are liable to be posted anywhere in India as per company’s requirement from time to time.
6. Educational Qualifications: MBA or equivalent PG Degree or equivalent PG Diploma of not less than 02 years duration with specialization in Agri-Business/Markeitng/Operations/Logistics Supply Chain Management with minimum 60% marks from Institute of repute duly approved by Govt./
recognized by AICTE/UGC.
7. Experience: The candidate should possess adequate but not less than 10 years managerial experience preferably in marketing of agricultural products specifically horticultural products.
8. Eligibility Conditions: The post is open for all the eligible persons satisfying the above-mentioned conditions.
CONCOR invites applications of the willing and eligible candidates in the format available in http://www.concorindia.com/upload/rectU/photo/img/pic158RECTT-fhel.pdf, clearly mentioning about deputation or absorption basis, along with upto date Annual Performance Appraisal Report for the last 03 years and vigilance clearance