अहमदाबाद Ahmedabad (ADI): Western Railways – Wide arrangements are being made to deal with the cyclone Nilofar probably which is likely to hit the Ahmedabad Division Kutch – Saurashtra region, all the stations have been put on alert. Adequate supply and storage of electricity and drinking water is ensured. Extensive arrangements for the safety of life and property have been made.
Elaborate arrangements are made to remove the obstacle, if any, on track. The continuous patrolling staff have been deployed to monitor the track which will be equipped with communication facilities. To ensure communications, comprehensive arrangements have been made to deal with the emergency circumstances.
Comprehensive arrangements have been made in case of announcement for affected passengers. Arrangements of providing accurate information of passenger trains, late running / arrival and cancellation have been made.
Western railway Ahmedabad division has assigned emergency room & help line numbers as well which are as follows.
- Satellite Phone: 00873-764101881, Fax: 00873-764101882
- Control Room Ahmedabad- 079-22204684
- Controller Ahmedabad- 079-22204010, 22204884 (M) 9724093930, 9724093932, 9724093934
- Controller Gandhidham- 9724045211
Emergency numbers assigned by central government are as follows.
- State Emergency Operation Centre help line-079-1070
- District collector control Room -079-1077
- District collector control Room- (STD Code) 1079
- State EOC (Control Room) 079-23251900, 23251902, 23251914 (O), Fax: 079-23251912/23251916, Satellite Phone: 881621467711
- State Nodal Officer for Disaster management – Director of relief & Deputy secretary (G. C. Vaghela) – 079-23251611 (O), Fax:23251916 (M) 9978406087