SECUNDERABAD: Indian Railways has planned to electrify the balance Broad Gauge routes of Indian Railways including the state of Andhra Pradesh. A total of Rs. 27000 cr is expected to be incurred towards Electrification of the balance Broad Gauge routes of Indian Railways. The following Rail routes falling fully/partially in the state of Andhra Pradesh have been sanctioned for Electrification.
- Pagidipalli – Nallapadu section with 285 Route Kilometers
- Guntakal – Bellary – Hospet including Tornagallu – Ranjitpura branch line section with 138 Route Kilometers
- Manmad – Mudkhed – Dhone (excluding Umdangar – Mahboobnagar) section with 783 Route Kilometers
- Chikjajur – Bellary section with 184 Route Kilometers
- Dharmavaram – Pakala section with 228 Route Kilometers
- Nandyal – Yerraguntla section with 123 Route Kilometers
- Naupada – Gunupur section with 90 Route Kilometers
- Tenali – Repalle section with 34 Route Kilometers
- Electrification of 1865 Route Kilometers has been taken up in the state of Andhra Pradesh
Electrification of Gadwal – Dhone (100 Route Kilometers) railway line is passing through Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh. It is part of Electrification of Manmad – Mudkhed – Dhone (excluding Umdangar – Mahboobnagar) 783 Route Kilometers electrification project sanctioned at a cost of Rs. 664.50 crore.
This information was given by the Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal in a written reply to a question of Hon’ble Member T.G.Venkatesh, in Rajya Sabha yesterday.