Secunderabad (SC): P.K. Srivastava, General Manager, South Central Railway, declared open the 49thAll India Railway Ball Badminton Championship for Men 2013-2014 here today i.e., 11thDecember, 2013 at Railway Sports Complex, Secunderabad. Speaking at the inaugural of the championship he called upon the players to exhibit sportsmanship and play the game in true spirit. Exclaiming to be associated with SCR, which has many international sportsmen in its arena he opined to support in developing sports infrastructure.
Shri P.C. Gajbhiye, President, South Central Railway Sports Association (SCRSA) & Chief Mechanical Engineer, SCR said that the zone possess best sports infrastructure on Indian Railways and its sports personnel has won many accolades and carry lot of memories.
Shri K.L. Pandey, Additional General Manager, SCR, Shri. Rakesh Aron, Divisional Railway Manager, Hyderabad Division, Shri K.V. Siva Prasad, General Secretary, SCRSA & Chief Engineer/Construction – III, Shri N. Srinivasa Raju, Secretary, Ball Badminton, SCRSA & Sr. DFM, Hyderabad, SCR and other officials participated.
South Central Railway Sports Association under the auspices of Railway Sports Promotion Board is hosting the championship from 11th to 13thDecember, 2013. Seven Teams representing Zonal Railways and Production Unit are participating in the Championship.
Results of Matches held on 11th December, 2013:
- South Central Railway beat Central Railway by (29-19) (29-13)
- Western Railway beat Integral Coach Factory (14-29) (29-14) (29-07)
- Southern Railway beat East Coast Railway (29-21) (29-11)
Schedule of Matches to be held on 12th December, 2013:
- South Central Railway V/s Western Railway
- Integral Coach Factory V/s Central Railway
- South Eastern Railway V/s East Coast Railway
- Western Railway V/s Central Railway
- Southern Railway V/s South Eastern Railway
- South Central Railway V/s Integral Coach Factory