130 km railway line to come up under SPV mode from Palwal to Sonipat under the Northern Railway jurisdiction which is expected to cost Rs.1200 Crore. The project will provide direct connectivity (by-passing Delhi) by linking Asaoti (on Delhi-Mathura route) – Patli (on Delhi-Rewari route) – Asaudha (on Delhi-Rohtak route) – Harsana Kalan (on Delhi-Ambala route) by new Broad Gauge railway line and also with DFC network at Pirthala.
CHANDIGARH: Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (HRIDC) is a Joint Venture Company mandated to undertake project development, mobilization of financial resources and implement project primarily in the State of Haryana. It is also authorized to form project specific subsidiary companies (Project SPVs) for implementation of sanctioned projects. It is a 51:49 Joint Venture by the State Government of Haryana and Ministry of Railways under the provisions of Section 2(45) of Company’s Act 2013.
The Government of India launched the Scheme of participative execution of rail infrastructure project through State Specific Join Ventures in 2016 with the objective of meeting aspirations of States for expansion of railway network by identifying bankable railway project. Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (HRIDC), an umbrella Joint Venture Company of Ministry of Railways and Govt. of Haryana (JVC) was accordingly floated to:
- Develop railway project and establish their bankability on Revenue Sharing format
- Mobilize resources for the same, and Implement the project on fast track
It is largely a non-budgetary initiative requiring mobilization of resources from the market and private sector participation both through equity and debt route. HRIDC has conceived a number of new Railway Line Construction projects through SPV Structure which are prima-facie bankable.
HRIDCL had recently floated a tender calling expression of interest from the industry for equity participation in project specific SPVs for implementation of the 130 km double line from Palwal to Sonipat under the Northern Railway jurisdiction which is expected to cost Rs.1200 Crore. The project will provide direct connectivity (by-passing Delhi) by linking Asaoti (on Delhi-Mathura route) – Patli (on Delhi-Rewari route) – Asaudha (on Delhi-Rohtak route) – Harsana Kalan (on Delhi-Ambala route) by new Broad Gauge railway line and also with DFC network at Pirthala.
M/s AARVEE Associates had been selected as the Consultant for the project who will advise HRIDCL about the project frame work, eligibility criteria and how to apply for equity participation, invite responses from participants by giving fair, equitable and transparent opportunity so that HRIDCL can select equity partners in project specific SPVs.
Also, a new rail corridor will be parallel to the KMP (Kundli-Manesar-Palwal) Expressway, to ease traffic between Haryana and Delhi.
- The “Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project” will be connecting all major industrial cities of the state and is likely to cost about Rs 4,100 crore.
- Detailed project report is being prepared by the Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (HRIDC).
- The project would be completed in 3 years, he added.
- The proposed rail line would be 130 kms long.
- It will enable direct rail connectivity between Palwal and Sonipat bypassing Delhi and linking Asaoti (on the Delhi-Mathura route), Patli (on the Delhi-Rewari route), Asaudha (on the Delhi-Rohtak route), and Harsana Kalan (on the Delhi-Ambala route) through a new broad gauge rail line.
- The corridor is going to be double line electrified with 25 tonne axle load capacity.
- The project is being developed as a JV (Joint Venture) model and therefore all its stakeholders — Indian Railways, Haryana government, HRIDC, CONCOR, Dedicated Freight Corridor, HSIIDC, Maruti Suzuki, Model Economic Township Limited (formerly Reliance Haryana SEZ Ltd), Allcargo and others — will have to bear its cost.