NEW DELHI: Rail travellers can now book tickets by mVisa payment method which allows them to scan a Quick Response (QR) code and pay through smartphones. mVisa is a card-less solution which facilitates payment by scanning the QR code displayed at the merchant website/outlet or from the merchants mobile. Users can securely link their visa debit, credit or prepaid account to the mVisa application on their smartphones and make their travel bookings by simply scanning their mVisa QR code on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation website. IRCTC, a subsidiary of the Indian Railways, is offering a promotion offer until September 4 that will give Rs 50 cashback to consumers booking their tickets through mVisa scan and pay on the IRCTC website.
The mVisa QR Code is a form of a bar code that has your unique seller identity embedded securely embedded in it (Merchant id, Account no.). Your customer will just need to scan this QR code with the scanner built in the mVisa app to start the payment process.
“The key to our success as India’s largest e-commerce organisation has been our ability to embrace new technologies that help us drive consumer engagement across our platform,” IRCTC CMD AK Manocha said today. India is currently one of the major smartphone markets in the world, with over a billion smartphones expected to be sold in the next five years. “Considering the phenomenal penetration of smartphones in India, moving to a mobile based payment solution such as mVisa was thus a natural choice for IRCTC,” Manocha said.
The increasing popularity and adoption of mobile devices presents a huge opportunity for the growth of mobile-based digital commerce. The mVisa payment solution on IRCTC can potentially empower millions of consumers spread across Indian cities, towns and villages, to make payments using just their smartphones from the comfort of their homes.
So, from now onwards, whenever you are planning to book train tickets with great discount offers, IRCTC have something flat Rs 50 cashback on your train ticket booking through irctc.co.in via credit, debit, pre-paid Visa cards or else using your classic, platinum, signature gold or visa infinite cards to grab this offer. The redemption period of the offer is upto 23rd August 2017.
Steps To Redeem Rs 50 Cashback On Train Ticket Using m-Visa Card
- Visit irctc.in.co
- Register or login to the website.
- Enter Your Train details like Train Name, Boarding and Destination place.
- Now select your journey date and also in which class you want to book your ticket.
- Now proceed to the transaction age.
- No login to your Bank’s mobile app.
- Select scan and pay option.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the screen.
- Pay the amount using a visa card.
- Your train ticket booking is done, Cashback of Rs 50 will be credited to your bank account within 30 days of the successful transaction.
Terms And Conditions
- Get Rs 50 cashback when you book your train ticket on irctc.in.co by using your m-visa card only.
- The cashback offer is only applicable when you book your ticket during offer period of 24th April to 23rd August 2017.
- This offer is applicable only on online booking and valid for first 5 Lakh scan and pay transactions via visa card.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any of the other offers of irctc.
- A customer can book the unlimited ticket as there are no monthly limits for availing this offer.
- In the case of any doubt or payment/cashback related issues call on IRCTC Toll-free number- 011-3934000 or mail to email@example.com