Hyderabad: In connection with the “Indian Railways 15-day Railyatri Upbhokta Pakhwada – a Passenger and Customer Facilitation Fortnight” being observed by the Indian Railways across the length and breadth of the country, South Central Railway announced that the Railway is going to conduct intensive Cleanliness Drive at Kacheguda Railway station, followed by interaction with the Passengers and Media personnel at the Station on 28th May, 2015. Shri Umesh Singh, Additional General Manager, SCR and Smt Aruna Singh, Divisional Railway Manager, Hyderabad Division, SCR will participate in the Intensive Cleanliness Drive and interact with Passengers and also address the Media Personnel at 09.15 am on 28th May, 2015 at Kacheguda Railway Station.
Hyderabad Division of South Central Railway organised the following different programmes on 27-05-2015 in connection with Passenger and Customer Facilitation Fortnight “Rail Yatri/Upbhokta Pakhwada”.
- A rigorous drive to check Catering services both in trains and at Mahaboobnagar and Akkanapet Railway Stations was taken-up.
- Safety Awareness Drive and Campaign including prevention of level crossing accidents was launched at Wadiaram Railway Station that involved the active participation and involvement of NGOs, local people, Scouts & Guides and others.
- Inspection of Manned and Unmanned level crossings, Major Yards and Crew Lobbies, Footplate of Goods and Passenger trains at Nizamabad, Kurnool City, Gundlapochampalli and Kacheguda Stations.
- Intensive Punctuality, Ticket Checking, Cleanliness & Sanitation Drives at Malakpet, Dabirpura, Kacheguda, Gundlapochampalli, etc., were organised.
- A massive Fortress check at Malakpet station was taken up under the guidance of Sr.Divisional Commercial Manager/HYB. During the check, a total of 146 cases of ticketless travel were detected and an amount of Rs.35, 505/- realised.
- An Intensive drive for the upkeep and maintenance of Railway Staff Colonies at Lancer Colony & Cavalry Barracks was conducted.
All the above programmes were well planned and organised by Hyderabad Division of SC Railway to render qualitative services to the rail users and public.
Massive Ticket Checking Drive Conducted at Hyderabad Railway Station to Curb Irregular Travel
As a part of “Passenger and Customer Facilitation Fortnight” being observed on South Central Railway, a massive ticket checking drive was held at Hyderabad Railway Station on 26th May, 2015 to curb ticketless / irregular travel and ensure convenience to genuine rail passengers. The Check was conducted under the direct supervision of Shri Ravi P. Padi, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager, Secunderabad Division, SCR.
Around 26 Ticket checking staff supplemented by Railway Protection Force (RPF) Personnel were involved in the check. Tickets of passengers were scrutinized to detect ticketless / irregular travel. During the Fortress Check, all the exit points at Hyderabad Railway station were plugged to prevent ticketless travellers escaping from the check. 07 trains were thoroughly checked at the station.
A total of 137 persons, comprising of 99 persons travelling without ticket, 30 persons travelling irregularly and 08 cases of un-booked luggage were detected. A total of 137 persons were penalized and an amount of Rs.44, 865/- was realised during the Massive Check.
The offending persons were also counselled to travel only with a proper ticket / authority so as not to cause leakage of revenue to Railways, which basically is a public service organisation. They were also cautioned that their ticketless travel is the cause for inconveniencing and causing discomfort to genuine passengers.