Also, Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi turns Gold after ‘Project Swarna’ Upgradation
JAIPUR: Come 2018 and the Jaipur-Agra Shatabdi Express coaches, thanks to the Indian Railways project ‘Swarna’, will be equipped with new features.
The coaches, said a top railway official, will have various new features such as disposable head rest cover for passenger seats, automatic odour control (AOC) system, and much more.
“The journey from Jaipur to Agra will be more comfortable in the new year. The Indian Railways has introduced Braille signage in the coaches to make travel easy for visually impaired people. Also, all coaches will be equipped with CCTV surveillance system,” North Western Railway chief spokesperson Tarun Jain said.
There will be Aadhaar enabled biometric attendance system for the staff to ensure their safety and responsibility, he added.
Trying to upgrade in all spheres, the railways has made efforts in improving the aesthetics too.
According to the officer, paintings exhibiting culture and heritage of the region will be displayed in the coaches.
Talking about more of such railway coaches, Jain said in future there are plans to roll out same features in other trains too, especially those running in tourist circuits.
Golden triangle (New Delhi-Jaipur-Agra) is an important tourism circuit in the country attracting scores of domestic and international tourists for witnessing rich cultural heritage.
Notably, India’s first Swarn Rajdhani was launched in New Delhi in November this year.
Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Turns Gold After ‘Project Swarna’ Upgradation
Under much appreciated ‘Swarn’ initiative which aims to bring gold standard service delivery in railways, the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi 12046 has been upgraded. The upgradation costed Indian Railways approximately Rs. 50 lakh.
This is the only Shatadbi, which is under the preview of the Ambala division as the other two are under Delhi division.
Major Facilities Revamped Under ‘Swarna’ Initiative in Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi
Following key facilities have been upgraded in the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi:
- Punctuality – Trains will be on time. The delay is going to be minimized as much as possible.
- Cleanliness – The staff will don new uniforms and have received special training for serving in the revamped trains.
- Linen – Passengers will be given disposable headrest covers in executive class.
- Coach Aesthetics – Vinyl wrapping and florescent strips for easier movement of travellers. Exteriors of the trains have also been covered with an anti-graffiti coating.
- Toilets – Odour control systems have been installed. Automatic hygiene control systems will be installed in all coaches.
- Catering – New additions to the on-train catering menu.
- Staff behaviour – Staff will maintain polite behaviour in every situation.
- Security and safety of passengers – All coaches are equipped for braille-signage for the visually impaired. Security system will be beefed up by increasing CCTV cameras and railway protection force.
- Entertainment – New entertainment systems to be included – wi-fi hotspots, HD streaming and more.
- Housekeeping – Headrest to be provided for passengers of executive class.
- Regular feedback – will be collected from the passengers and the staff for the betterment of the services.
About ‘Swarna’ Initiative:
Recently launched ‘Swarna’ project of Indian railways aims to renovate India’s premium trains, including Rajdhanis and Shatabdis. From security to hygiene to aesthetics to entertainment, all aspects of the trains are upgraded to make travel a pleasant experience for passengers.
These elite trains are being upgraded at a cost of Rs 50 lakh each.