Palakkad: The ‘non interlocking’ work at the Shoranur junction, as part of railway line doubling work on Shoranur –Managlore route will began from Wednesday and as many as 38 trains to Malabar have been cancelled and 22 were resheduled during this period due to security reasons. The yard renovation will be done as part of Shoranur- Mangalore line doubling. Non-interlocking facility will be done to connect signal system and security. In Shoranur junction, non interlocking will be done at 6 points.
Though railway officials claim that alternative arrangements are in place to address passengers’ difficulty, passengers in Malabar will most likely have a tough time for the next three weeks.The railways has introduced special bus services between Ottappalam and Shoranur and between Thrissur and Kuttipuram, as some trains will be terminated at these stations.
A special passenger train will also run between Kuttipuram and Mangalore Central during this period. The train will leave Kuttipuram at 2pm and reach Mangalore Central at 8.25pm, he said.
Though intercity express trains along the route have not been cancelled, cancellation of the Thrissur-Kannur passenger and Kannur-Shoranur Jn passenger trains will inconvenience passengers, especially for those with season tickets. Many services will also be delayed.s part of the work, rains between Nilambur and Shoranur will also be cancelled. While some trains will be cancelled from Wednesday, others will be cancelled from October 6 in the Nilambur Shoranur route.
The doubling on Shornaur-Ernakulam route was completed way back in 1984 when the service began only after the Shoranur-Managlore route. To complete electrification till Mangalore, the first overbridge in Kozhikode railway station need to be abolished. Railway has been seeking an alternative suggestion .
Road bridging between Thrissur and Kuttipuram for the passengers of Train nos. 166605/06 Ernad Express would be arranged at the Thrissur and Kuttipuram stations by plying buses. Passengers arriving by six Thiruvananthapuram-bound trains from north India would be taken in buses from Ottapalam to Shoranur.
He said that no trains running via the Konkan route had been cancelled. A few trains had been regulated or short terminated
New shedule of trains
The following trains will be diverted via link line without touching Shoranur station duly providing additional stoppage at Wadakkanchery and Ottappalam.
- Train Nos.13351/13352 Dhanbad/Tata Nagar – Alappuzha -Dhanbad/Tata Nagar Express will be diverted from September 25 to October 16.
- Train Nos.17229/17230 Kochuveli – Hyderabad – Kochuveli Sabari Express will be diverted from Septmeber 25 to October 16.
- Train No.12511 Gorakhpur -Thiruvananthapuram Raptisagar Triweekly Express will be diverted from September 28 to October 15.
- Train No.12512 Thiruvananthapuram -Gorakhpur tri-weekly Raptisagar Express will be diverted from September 25 to October 16.
- Train No.16327 Korba – Thiruvananthapuram Bi-weekly Express will be diverted from September 27 to October 14.
- Train No.16328 Thiruvananthapuram – Korba bi-weekly Express will be diverted from September 26 to October 14.
- Train No.16325 Indore – Thiruvananthapuram Ahalyanagari weekly Express will be diverted from September 25, to October 16. Train No.16326 Thiruvananthapuram – Indore Ahalyanagari weekly Express will be diverted from September 28 to October 12.
- Train No.12521 Barouni – Ernakulam Junction Raptisagar weekly Express will be diverted from September 26 to October 10.
- Train No.12522 Ernakulam Jn- Barouni Raptisagar weekly Express will be diverted from September 28 to October 12.
- Train Nos.16343/16344 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Palakkad Town – Thiruvananthapuram Central Amrita Express will be diverted from October 6 to October 16.
Details of partial cancellation/ short termination of Mail/ Express and Passenger trains are as follow:
- Train Nos.56613 / 56614, 56615 / 56616 and 56617 / 56618 Shoranur junction -Nilambur Road – Shoranur junction passenger trains will be cancelled between Shoranur and Angadippuram stations from September 25 to October 5. These trains will run only between Angadippuram and Nilambur Road Stations during this period.
- Train Nos.66605/66604 Coimbatore Junction – Shoranur Junction – Coimbatore Junction passenger trains will be cancelled between Palakkad Jn and Shoranur Jn from September 25 to October 16.
These trains will run between Coimbatore Jn and Palakkad Jn only during this period.
- Train Nos.56323/56324 Coimbatore – Mangalore Central – Coimbatore fast passenger trains will be cancelled between Palakkad Jn and Pallipuram Stations from September 25 to October 16. These trains will run between Coimbatore Jn and Palakkad Jn and between Pallipuram and Mangalore Central only during this period.
- Train Nos. 56651/56650 Coimbatore – Kannur – Coimbatore fast passenger will be cancelled between Palakkad Jn and Pallipuram Stations from September 25 to October 16. These trains will run between Coimbatore Jn and Palakkad Jn and between Pallipuram and Mangalore Central only, during this period.
- Train No. 56621 Shoranur Jn – Nilambur Road Passenger will be cancelled from September 24 to October 16.
- Train No. 56612 Nilambur Road – Shoranur Jn Passenger will be cancelled from Sept 25 to October 17.
- Train No. 56605 Coimbatore – Thrissur passenger will be cancelled from September 24 to October 16.
- Train No.56602 Kannur – Shoranur Jn passenger will be cancelled from September 25 to October 16.
Train No. 12617 Ernakulam Jn – Nizamuddin Mangala Lakshadweep Express is rescheduled to leave Ernakulam Jn at 12.20 hrs instead of 10.45 hrs on October 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 13th and 16th.