NEW DELHI: Indian Railways’ Water Policy has been formulated with the objective is to improve water use efficiency by effective demand and supply management, installing water efficient systems and setting up Water Recycling Plants on railway land.
The following steps have been envisaged in the Water Policy for efficient water management:
- Upgrading water supply system.
- Introduction of Automatic Valves.
- Mandatory provision of Solar water heaters.
- Rain Water Harvesting (RWH).
- Reviving old water bodies on railway land.
- Water Recycling Plants on BOOT basis.
- Use of water efficient fittings.
- Water Audit.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.