Secunderabad: S.N.Singh, Principal Chief Engineer of South Central Railway, declared open the 9th All India Railway Handball Championship for Men & Women 2015-16 here at Railway Sports Complex, Secunderabad today i.e. 8th September, 2015.
South Central Railway Sports Association (SCRSA) is organising this championship for the first time on SCR. This championship is scheduled to be held from 8th to 11th September, 2015. Total of nine teams comprising of various Railway Zones and Production Units are participating in the championship.
The participants include South Central Railway, Northern Railway, Northern Eastern Railway, North Western Railway, Central Railway, Western Railway, South East Central Railway, Rail Coach Factory and Diesel Locomotive Works.
Speaking on the occasion S.N.Singh called upon the participants to show true sportsmanship in the matches and bring laurels to Indian Railways. Sports, is big activity on Indian Railways. In order to encourage sport activities on the Zone SCR has created lot of state-of-the-art sport infrastructural facilities for the advantage of sports personnel said S.N.Singh.
Day One Pool Matches Results
A total of six matches were played between the Men and Women groups today.
- In a one sided game South Central Railway defeated Central Railway by 35-5.
- Rail Coach Factory defeated Western Railway by 23-7.
- Diesel Locomotive Works defeated Northern Railway by 30-14.
- Central Railway defeated Rail Coach Factory by 13-15.
- South Central Railway defeated Western Railway by 16-02.
- South East Central Railway defeated Central Railway by 22-06.