VIJAYAWADA: Vinod Kumar Yadav, General Manager, South Central Railway visited Vijayawada Railway Station today i.e., 30th January, 2017 on an inspection, his first tour of Vijayawada after assuming charge as the head for the Zone. He was accompanied by Ashok Kumar, Divisional Railway Manager and other Officials of Vijayawada Division.
The General Manager undertook an extensive tour of Vijayawada Railway Station, covering the entire station premises. He checked the facilities available at the station including the platforms, escalators, apron, food stalls, waiting areas etc. He also inspected the Crew Booking Lobby at the station and made a check of the breath analyzer test system.
During the course of the inspection, Vinod Kumar Yadav looked at the layout of the station and sought details from the Divisional Railway Manager on the developmental plans of the station. Later in the day the GM also undertook inspection of Running Room used by loco pilots for their rest, so as to know on the facilities provided.
Interacting with the media personnel subsequent to the inspection of the station, the General Manager reiterated that Safety is top most priority on South Central Railway. Safety is foremost and there cannot be any limitation towards attaining it, the General Manager stressed and stated that punctuality of passenger / freight trains and speedy execution of infrastructure projects, staff welfare are also keenly monitored. Responding to a question, the General Manager informed that elimination of Unmanned Level Crossings and Manned Level Crossings is a continuous process which is dealt by constructing Road over Bridges/Road under Bridges and Limited Height Subways, so as to optimize safety.
On the status of ongoing railway projects in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Vinod Kumar Yadav stated that the projects will be expedited so as to meet the needs of the people at the earliest. Amongst the projects under progress in Andhra Pradesh are the Nadikude-Srikalahasti new rail line, Kotipalli-Narasapur new rail line, Kakinada-Pithapuram new rail line, Gudur-Dugarajapatnam new rail line, Kovvur-Bhadrachalam Road new rail line, construction of Macherla-Nalgonda new rail line etc.
Earlier, in the day Vinod Kumar Yadav called on Nara Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh at the State Secretariat at Velagapudi, Amaravati and briefed him on the rail developmental projects in the State. The Chief Minister advised General Manager to formulate plans to expedite completion of the projects. The General Manager also met S.P. Tucker, Chief Secretary, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and N.Sambasiva Rao, Director General of Police, Andhra Pradesh.
Later in the day, the General Manager held a performance review meeting involving the Divisional Railway Manager and other Branch Officers of Vijayawada Division. During the meeting, the General Manager emphasized that safety is paramount to efficient rail operations. He also advised the Divisional officials to ensure that the freight loading performance is increased sizeably, undertake continuous betterment of passenger amenities and also take care of the welfare of staff.
Brief on the Railway Projects in the State of Andhra Pradesh
Works completed in 2016-17
New Line in Banaganapally – Nandyal Section (28 Km): With the completion of new line works in Banaganapally – Nandyal section, the project of construction of new line from Yerraguntla to Nandyal (123 Km) is completed in the Current Financial Year. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and Minister of Railways flagged off a passenger train in this connection on 23.8.2016.
Last mile connectivity works targeted for completion in 2016-17
- Electrification of Guntakal – Wadi (228 Km, Sanctioned in 2009-10) – is targeted for completion in the Current Financial Year.
- Doubling in Mantralayam – Matmarri section (9.15 Km) of Wadi – Guntakal section – is targeted for completion in the Current Financial Year. With this, the entire stretch from Guntakal to Wadi will be provided with double line.
- New line in Mathampalli – Janpahad section (19 Km) – is targeted for completion in 2016-17. With this, the section from Jaggayyapet – Mellacheruvu – Janpahad – Vishnupuram (60.7 Km) will be completed.
Works targeted for completion in 2016-17
- Third line in Vijayawada – Kondapalli section (17.5 Km) – is targeted for completion in the Current Financial Year. This section is part of the third line work sanctioned between Vijayawada – Kazipet (219 Km).
- New line in Kadapa – Pendlimarri section (21 Km) – is targeted for completion in the Current Financial Year. This line is part of the New line project between Kadapa – Bangalore (255.40 Km). 50% of the project cost is contributed by the Govt. of AP.
Other important works
- Construction of new line in Nadikude – Srikalahasthi (309 Km)
CM of AP and Minister of Railways have laid the foundation stone for the construction of new line in Nadikude – Srikalahasthi section on 30.12.2016. This is accost sharing work with Govt of AP sharing 50 % of the cost in addition to providing land free of cost. Works are in progress in the first phase from Piduguralla to Savalyapuram (47 Km).
- Construction of New line in Kotipalli – Narasapur (57.21 Km)
This is a cost-sharing project, with the Govt. of AP contributing 25% of the project cost. M/s. RITES have submitted DPR for construction of major bridges across Goutami, Vasishta and Vainatheya rivers. Drawings are being submitted to RDSO for approval. The financial bid for tender of construction of bridge across river Goutami (3.5 Km, Rs.260 Crores) has been opened on 24.1.2017 and is under finalisation.
- Construction of New line in Kakinada – Pithapuram section (21.5 Km)
Detailed Estimates for Rs.220 Crores was submitted to Board on 19.6.2014. Sanction of Board is awaited. Govt. of AP is contributing 50% of the project cost, with land free of cost.
- Construction of New line in Gudur – Durgarajapatnam (41.55 Km)
Detailed estimate for Rs.761 Crores has been submitted to Board for sanction on 16.12.2016.
- Construction of New line in Macherla – Nalgonda section (92 Km).
The work was sanctioned in the year 1997-98 with a cost of Rs.458.25 Crores. Detailed Estimate was sanctioned in the year 2011. The proposal of State Govt. for change in alignment has been submitted to Railway Board in 2013. Board’s decision is awaited.
- Construction of New Line in Cumbum – Proddatur section (142 Km)
Govt. of AP is contributing 13% of the project cost. Final Location Survey (FLS) is in progress.
- Construction of New line in Bhadrachalam Road – Kovvur section (151 Km)
The work was sanctioned in the year 2012-13 at a cost of Rs.923.33 Crores. 50% of cost sharing by the Governments of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in their respective States. Final Location Survey (FLS) is in advanced stage of completion for the line excluding the common alignment portion and Detailed Estimate is under preparation. It is proposed to use the common alignment from Bhadrachalam Road to Chandragundu for both Bhadrachalam Road – Kovvur and Bhadrachalam Road – Sathupalli line. Consent of Govt. of Telangana is awaited.
- Construction of Third line in Kazipet – Kondapalli section (202.15 Km)
Detailed Estimated for Rs.1657 Crores was submitted to Board on 28.2.2016. M/s. RITES have been awarded the contract to provide financial and technical services for the project to undertake it under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Model.
- Doubling in Guntakal – Kalluru Section (41 Km)
CM of AP and MR laid the foundation stone for the work on 20.6.2016. Works are in progress. Target date of completion is January 2019.
- Construction of Third line in Vijayawada – Gudur section (293 Km)
RVNL is the executing agency. Anticipated cost of the work is Rs 2423 Cr. Tenders for the work have been called and are due for opening on 28.2.2016.
- Construction of Third line in Vijayawada – Duvvada Section (335 Km)
Detailed Estimate for Rs.3873 Crores has been sent to Board and Board have forwarded the same to NITI Aayog on 9.10.15. Approval from NITI Aayog is awaited.
- Connectivity to Amaravathi , New Capital City of AP
RVNL completed the survey. Survey Report has been submitted to Railway Board on 22.12.2016 for sanction. The work consists of 56 Km of Double line from Yerrupalem to Namburu via Amaravathi and 50 Km of Single line between Pedakurapadu – Amaravathi and Sattenapalli – Narasaraopet. Approximate cost is Rs.2,679 Crores.
- Doubling and Electrification in (1) Vijayawada – Gudivada – Bhimavaram – Narasapur (2) Gudivada – Machilipatnam and (3) Bhimavaram – Nidadavole (221 Km)
RVNL is the executing agency. Works are in progress and are likely to be completed in the year 2021.
- Doubling and Electrification in Guntur – Tenali section (24.38 Km)
RVNL is the executing agency. Works are in progress. Targeted for completion in 2018-19.
- Construction of new line in Obulavaripalle – Krishnapatnam (111 Km)
RVNL/Chennai is the executing agency. Works are in progress. Targeted for completion in December 2017.
- Electrification in Guntur – Guntakal section (403 Km)
CORE/ Allahabad is is the executing agency. Works are in progress. Electrification of Nallapad – Cumbum section (167 Km) are targeted for completion in the current financial year.
- Doubling in Gooty – Dharmavaram (90 Km)
M/s. RITES is the executing agency. Sanctioned cost of the work is Rs 636 Cr. Tenders have been finalised to execute the Civil Engineering portion work. Works have commenced. Target for completion of work is 2020-21.
- Doubling in Guntur – Guntakal (443 Km)
Detailed estimate has been submitted to Board on 17.8.16 with the value of 3631 Crores. Tenders for civil engineering work in Donakonda – Cumbum – Diguvumetta section have been called for and are due for opening on 27.2.17. Tender schedules for works in balance section are under preparation.
- Rolling Stock Component Factory in Andhra Pradesh
As per Rly. Bd’s Lr.No.2016/M(W)/964/78, dt.2.8.16, in-principle approval of Ministry of Railways is communicated for setting up of a Rolling Stock Component Factory at Chandragiri, Chittoor dist., at a cost of Rs.280 Cr. GM vide D.O. No.M.111.TPTY/ Development, dt.3.11.2016, addressed to CS, Govt. of AP, requested to identify additional 20 acres of land in continuation to the 30 acres of land identified near Srikalahasthi during the joint survey on 01.11.2016.
The proposal is uploaded in IRPSM for inclusion in Works Programme 2016-17 on ‘out of turn’ basis. Sanction of Railway Board is awaited.