MALIGAON: The railway electrification works in N.F. Railway are in various stages of execution in various sections. It is expected that major portion of the work to be completed by this year. In this connection a review meeting was held on 16th January which was attended by Shri Sanjive Roy, GM/NFR, Shri Ratan Lal, GM/CORE, Divisional Railway Managers from Katihar, Alipurduar, Rangiya and Lumding Divisions apart from other senior officials from RVNL and CORE. In the meeting all the aspects of railway electrification works were discussed for speedy implementation and removal of bottlenecks. And various initiatives were taken for timely completion of the work.
The targets for completion of various sections are follows:
- Mukuria – Gunjaria (198 kms) by 31.03.2019
- Gunjaria – New Jalpaiguri (160 kms) by 31.03.2019
- New Jalpaiguri – Raninagar Jalpaiguri (102 kms) by 31.03.2019
- Raninagar Jalpaiguri – Falakata (80 kms) by 31.03.2019
- Falakata – New Coochbehar (80 kms) by 31.06.2019
- New Bongaigaon – Sarupeta ( 99 kms) by 31.03.2019
- New Bongaigaon – Jogighopa (43 kms) by 31.03.2019
- Guwahati – Narengi (45 kms) by 31.03.2019
- New Jalpaiguri station yard (49 kms) by 31.06.2019
It may be mentioned here that the entire portion of track including branch lines in NFR was sanctioned for 100% electrification in last year’s budget. Total cost of the entire electrification work is Rs. 2,542.62 crs
The entire mainline was segregated into different sections for speedy implementation of work. Works are being implemented by CORE (Centre for Railway Electrification) and RVNL (Railway Vikas Nigam Limited). Section from Mukuria to Raninagar Jalpaiguri including New Jalpaiguri yard (597 track kms) are being done by CORE. From Raninagar Jalpaiguri to Sarupeta (259 track kms) are being done by RVNL. Work of New Bongaigaon – Jogighopa & Guwahati – Narengi portion will also to be done by CORE.