Secunderabad (SC): Senior Group-A Officer of Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers (IRSSE) Satyendra Kumar who is currently working as Director of Indian Railways Institute of Signal and Telecommunications (IRISET) at Secunderabad has been appointed as General Manager of South East Central Railway (SECR), headquartered at Bilaspur with immediate effect.
During his long and illustrious career, Saxena has served in various capacities in different railway zones besides the Railway board and has represented the Indian Railways in a number of official tours of USA, France, Hong Kong, Finland and Russia, according to a release issued by the North Central Railways.
Prior to his stint as Director/IRISET, Mr.Kumar earlier worked as Chief Signal Engineer (CSE) in Northern Railway and as Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) in Eastern Railway and Northeast Frontier Railway. He immensely contributed in speedy commissioning of New Delhi RRI system in 11 months in 1981while working as ASTE/Construction.
Shri Satyender Kumar joined in Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer and belongs to 1978 batch and held various position in his career.
- Before joining IRSSE, he worked as Management Trainee with Engineering Projects (India) Limited & worked in IRAQ.
- Worked as Assistant Signal & Telecom. Engineer in Construction, Delhi Division, Northern Railway and was instrumental in design, execution & testing of RRI system at New Delhi station in 1981.
- Worked as SSTE & Dy.CSTE with erstwhile IRCOT and was counterpart from IR to Detecon/Deconssuet of West Germany for planning of DPR for Telecom segment of FOIS.
- Worked as Chief Manager (S&T) & Chief Projects Manager in IRCON International.
- Worked as Chief Signal Engineer, SER & Northern Railway.
- Worked as Chief Signal & Telecom Engineer in North Eastern Railway.
- Worked as Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) /Sealdah/SER from 10.07.2008 – 25-06-2009.
- Worked as Divisional Railway Manager (DRM)/Rangia/NFRailway from 29.06.2009 to 17.07.2010.
- Worked as Chief Signal & Telecom Engineer (CSTE) in South Central Railway from 19.07.2010 to 02.2012
- Working as Director/IRISET w.e.f 21.02.2012 to till date.
Satyender Kumar was part of IR team with DETECON/DECONSULT, to draw DPR for Telecom segment of FOIS. While working with IRCON he was instrumental in bagging S&T contracts in new areas. This includes 300 km of Mobile Communication System in Botswana Police.
He executed a project in Bangladesh and did extensive survey for Jabotek, Indonesia. As CSE/S.E.Railway he was instrumental in design of first indigenous Universal Failsafe Multiplexing equipment complying to CENELEC standard.
Under his dynamic leadership, a number of of performance milestones were achieved in completion of Signaling projects and maintenance of Signaling and Train Control systems in North Eastern and South Central Railway.
While working as DRM, Sealdah for 11 months, 11 prestigious shields including Punctuality Shield was won by Sealdah Division. A number of infrastructure improvement works were brought to logical conclusion during his tenure as DRM, Rangiya.
As Director, IRISET, Satyender Kumar has set a new benchmark in training and development of Human Resource for Signaling and Telecom domain for Indian Railways. This includes setting up of new state of art laboratories, development of course contents for EI, facility for FAT Set up, fully Automated Library; work on setting of Centre of Excellence for Safety Critical Software etc.