The South Central Railway will run four special trains between Secunderabad – Kochuvelli and H.S.Nanded-Ernakulam to clear extra rush of passengers during Onam festival.
SECUNDERABAD: The South Central Railway will run four special trains between Secunderabad – Kochuvelli and H.S.Nanded-Ernakulam to clear extra rush of passengers during Onam festival. Onam is the most significant festivals in the state of Kerala that signifies the rice harvest. The festive season began on August 25, 2017, and will continue till September 4, 2017.
As per Drik Panchang, Thiruvonam which is the last and most important day of Onam celebrations will be celebrated this year on Monday, September 4, 2017. During the festive season, the Indian Railways will run 4 special trains to provide hassle free travel to all its passengers. The special trains that will be open for public are 2 trains each of Secunderabad- Kochuveli- Secunderabad Special Trains and H.S. Nanded – Ernakulam – H.S.Nanded Special Trains.
Secunderabad-Kochuveli-Secunderabad Special Trains (02 services):
- Train No. 07119 Secunderabad – Kochuveli Special Train is a special train that consists of 19 coaches viz., two AC II Tier, fifteen Sleeper Class, two Second General Class Coaches.
- It will depart from Secunderabad at 16:25 hrs on 1st September 2017 (Friday) and will arrive Kochuveli at 00:30 hrs on Second day (i.e., Sunday).
- In the return direction, Train No. 07120 Kochuveli- Secunderabad Special Train will depart Kochuveli at 20.30 hrs on 6th September 2017 (Wednesday) and will arrive at Secunderabad at 03.00 hrs on the Second day (i.e., Friday).
- The halts of Secunderabad-Kochuveli-Secunderabad include Kazipet, Warangal, Khammam, Vijayawada, Tenali, ongole, Nellore, Gudur, Renigunta, Katpadi, Vaniyambadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Ottapalam, Trisur, Aluva, Ernakulan Town, Kottayam, Tiruvalla, Chengannur, Kayankulam and Kollam stations in both the directions.
H.S. Nanded- Ernakulam-H.S.Nanded Special Trains (02 services):
- Train No. 07505 which is H.S.Nanded – Ernakulam Special Train special trains has 15 coaches viz., one AC II Tier, one AC III Tier, eleven Sleeper Class, two Second General Class Coaches.
- The Special Train will depart H.S.Nanded at 07.10 hrs on 1st September 2017 (Friday); arrive/depart Malkajgiri at 12.50/12.52 hrs; Kacheguda at 13.40/14.00 hrs and arrive Ernakulam at 14.00 hrs on next day (i.e., Saturday).
- In the return direction, Train No. 07504 Ernakulam-H.S.Nanded Special Train will depart H.S.Nanded at 23.00 hrs on 4th September 2017 (Monday) and arrive/depart Kacheguda at 23.40/23.55 hrs; Malkajgiri at 00.20/00.22 hrs; arrive H.S.Nanded at 06.30 hrs on the Second day (i.e., Wednesday).
- Enroute, these special trains will stop at Mudkhed, Dharmabad, Basar, Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Bolarum, Malkajgiri, Jedcherla, Mahbubnagar, Wanaparti Road, Gadwal, Kurnool City, Dhone, Gooty, Tadipatri, Muddanoor, Yerraguntla, Cuddapah, Nandalur, Rajampeta, Kodur, Renigunta, Katpadi, Vaniambadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Ottapalam, Trisur and Aluva stations in both the directions.
The first and the last day are particularly important in Kerala and to Malayalee communities elsewhere. Onam falls in the month of Chingam, which is the first month according to the Malayalam Calendar. The celebrations mark the Malayalam New Year, are spread over ten days, and conclude with Thiruvonam. The ten days are sequentially known as Atham, Chithira, Chodhi, Vishakam, Anizham, Thriketa, Moolam, Pooradam, Uthradom, and Thiruvonam.