VIJAYAWADA: Heralding a new era in the development of rail infra structure in Andhra Pradesh to better passenger comforts, N.Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Minister for Railways launched various rail infra developmental works on 15th June, 2017 at Tummalapalli Kalakshetram, Vijayawada. Simultaneously functions were also held at Tirupati, Guntakal, Kadapa on South Central Railway and Visakhapatnam on East Coast Railway involving public representatives and dignitaries. M.Venkaiah Naidu, Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India; P.Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Minister for Civil Aviation, Govt.of India; Kamineni Srinivas, Minister for Health and Medical Education, Govt. of AP; Kollu Ravindra, Minister for Law & Justice, Skill Development, Youth, Sports, Unemployment Benefits, NRI Empowerment and Relations, Govt. of AP; Gadde Anuradha, Chairperson, Zilla Parishad, Krishna District; Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao, Minister for Water Resources Management and Anantapur District In-charge Minister, Govt.of AP; Paritala Sunithamma, Minister for SERP, Women Empowerment, Child Welfare, Disabled and Senior Citizens Welfare, Govt.of AP; Kesineni Srinivas, MP; Gokaraju Gangaraju, Hob’ble MP and Khambampati Haribabu, MP amongst the dignitaries present on the occasion.
The works which were launched are:–
- Dedication of 3-Phase Electric Locomotive Simulator at Electric Traction Training Centre, Vijayawada to the Nation.
- Commissioning of 2.5 Ton Capacity Mechanized Laundry at Tirupati (via Remote Video Link).
- Dedication of Doubling and Electrification of Guntakal-Wadi Section to the Nation (via Remote Video Link).
- Laying of Foundation Stone for Doubling of Gooty – Dharmavaram Section (via Remote Video Link).
- Laying of Foundation Stone for Augmentation of Diesel Loco Shed, Visakhapatnam (via Remote Video Link).
- Laying of Foundation Stone for Wagon POH Workshop at Vadlapudi near Visakhapatnam (via Remote Video Link).
- Commissioning of Kadapa – Pendlimarri New Railway Line as part of Kadapa – Bengaluru Project (via Remote Video Link).
- Flagging off of Train No. 20890 Vijayawada – Howrah Humsafar Weekly Express.
- Flagging off of Train No. 22705 Tirupati – Jammu Tawi Humsafar Weekly Express (via Remote Video Link).
- Flagging off Kadapa – Pendlimarri DEMU (via Remote Video Link)
Addressing the gathering at all the five locations from Vijayawada on the occasion, Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu informed that a fund of Rs.3,75,000 crs are being invested as capital investment on Indian Railways. He acknowledged the cooperation extended by the Andhra Pradesh State Government towards developing Railway network in the State. Further, he assured of holistic development of the State by strengthening integrated transport solutions, dedicated freight corridors and port connectivity etc. The Railway Minister announced “Tejas” train facility to the state of AP in the near future. He said that railways allocated 166% more funds than previous year for speeding up projects such as New lines, Doubling, Tripling and Electrification etc. He announced Railway claims tribunal for the state of AP. He also announced new stoppage for Tr.No.12795/12796 Secunderabad-Vijayawada-Secunderabad Intercity Express at Mangalagiri with effect from 16th June, 2017.
N. Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh complimented South Central Railway for the developmental initiatives on a large scale in the state of Andhra Pradesh. He stated that the rail projects in the State have been given due attention and allocated funds for their progress. He announced that State Government is keen on floating a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) as part of Joint Venture Project to take up 10 Major projects in rail infra structure development with a view to provide safe and cost effective means of transportation.
M.Venkaiah Naidu, Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting stated that transformation is the need of the hour and Indian Railways is on the path of reform, perform and transform. He complimented Railway Ministry for the achieving the fastest pace of growth as desired by the Prime Minister.
Earlier, Vinod Kumar Yadav, General Manager, South Central Railway welcomed the dignitaries and the gathering. R.Dhananjayulu, Divisional Railway Manager, Vijayawada Division proposed the vote of thanks.