HUBBALLI: Indian Railways is proud to be a partner in the nation’s progress and South Western Railway always plays a significant role in the socio-economic development of Karnataka state. South Western Railway is committed to serving the passenger with a smile and priority is being given to safety, security, punctuality and better facilities to the passengers.
Passenger Traffic: SWR has carried more than 193 million passengers during the current financial year 2016-17, with 2 % increase over the previous year. The originating passenger earning for this financial year is Rs.1928.96 Crs with 1.83% increase over the previous year.
Trains services:: 12 pairs of new train services were introduced during the financial year against one biweekly express Trains No.11031/32 – Solapur-Vijayapura introduced in 2015-16. Out of these 12 trains, 4 pairs are MEMU services introduced for the convenience of suburban passengers and easy connectivity to Bengaluru and its suburbs.
- Train No.22679/80 Yeshvantpur – Hassan – Yeshwantpur Daily Intercity Express.
- Train No. 16581/16582 KSR Bengaluru – Shivamogga –KSR Bengaluru Tri-Weekly Express.
- Train No. 17022/17021 Vasco da gama – Hyderabad – Vasco da gama Weekly Express.
- Train No. 17420/17419 Vasco da gama –Tirupati – Vasco da gama Weekly Express
- Train No. 22888/22887 Yeshvantpur – Howrah –Yeshwantpur Weekly Humsafar Express
- Train No. 66535/66536/66537/66538/66539/66540 Bengaluru – Ramangaram – K S R Bengaluru MEMU Services
- Train No. 66542/66541 Bengaluru – Whitefield – Bengaluru MEMU Services
- Train No. 66544/66543 Bengaluru – Kuppam – Bengaluru MEMU Services
- Train No. 57478/57477 Kalyandurga – Tirupati – Kalyandurga Passenger
- Train No.12503/12504 Bengaluru Cantt. -Kamhkya- Bengaluru Cantt Weekly Humsafar Express
- Train No.14715/14716 Sriganganagar- Trichnapalli weekly Hamsafar Express.
- Train56927/56928 Hubballi – Chikkabenakal fast passenger express
In addition frequency of service of one train was increased, five trains extended, four trains with diverted route.
To suite the timings of passengers, change in timings of five pairs of trains were revised during the year 2016-17. Further stoppage has been provided on experimental basis for 45 trains at different stations against 10 trains during the previous year on SWR .
Two pairs of trains Train No. 22501/22502, New Tinsukiya – KSR Bengaluru & Train No.22697/22698 Hubballi – Chennai Central have been upgraded from express to superfast. 34 trains over SWR have been speeded up to reach /leave the station.
To provide better and comfortable journey 4 trains have been upgraded from conventional coaches to LHB coaches. So also coaches of 3 Railbus with conventional coaches have been upgraded to MEMU coaches.
New Sections opened for traffic: The Railways are the lifeline of the nation and three new sections have been opened for traffic in Karnataka during this financial year.
- Yeswantpur – Hassan via Nelamangala,
- Ginigera – Chikkabenakal
- Rayadurga – Kalyandurga