MALIGAON: Engineers and workers repaired and restored the damaged Up line at 05.00 A.M. this morning after working through whole night amid rain at the accident site between Panbari and Digaru where 22 wagons of an empty goods train had derailed yesterday. The derailment had damaged more than 500 metres of both Up and Down lines. However, with the restoration of Up line some trains stranded at different stations on both sides of the accident site resumed their journey. The first train to pass the accident site was 15602 New Delhi – Silchar Purbottar Sampark Kranti Express. Later 12504 Agartala – New Delhi Humsafar Express also passed through the section.
Works are undergoing despite several hindrances including location of the accident site and hundreds of workers have been working round the clock to restore the Down line by this evening. Various machines have been pressed into service to supplement efforts by the workers and engineers. It is expected that trains services will normalize by tomorrow morning.
It may be mentioned that several trains had to be halted at Guwahati, Rangiya and Lumding stations because of the accident affecting several thousands of passengers. At Lumding station alone, more than 2700 passengers were stranded. N. F. Railway had taken several steps to ensure that the inconvenience caused to the passengers is mitigated. At Lumding adequate foods for the stranded passengers was arranged on payment. At Rangiya and Guwahati, around 400 food packets and water was distributed free of cost for the needy passengers. Repeated announcements were made at all stations providing passengers information on train probable movements and rescheduling and cancellation of trains. Commercial Inspectors were deputed at all stations to ensure that the passengers face minimum discomfort.
As the train service had faced cascading affect of the disruption, some trains have to be cancelled / short terminated / reschedules as given below:
- 12086 Dibrugarh – Guwahati Shatabdi Express of 27.08.18 will remain cancelled.
- 55616 Silchar – Guwahati Passenger of 26.08.18.
- 13172 Agartala – Sealdah Kanchanjungha Express of 26.08.18.
- 15626 Agartala – Deoghar Express of 25.08.18.
- 55601 Guwahati – Lumding Passenger of 26.08.18.
- 15602 Lumding – Guwahati Passenger of 26.08.18.
- 15769 Alipurduar Jn. – Lumding Intercity Express of 26.08.18.
- 75727 Guwahati – Haiborgaon DEMU of 26.08.18.
- 15717 Guwahati – Mariani Intercity Express of 26.08.18.
- 15718 Mariani – Guwahati Intercity Express of 26.08.18.
- 15612 Silchar – Guwahati Express of 26.08.18.
- 15665 Guwahati – Dimapur Express of 26.08.18.
- 15666 Dimapur – Guwahati Express of 26.08.18.
- 15417 Alipurduar Jn. – Silghat Rajya Rani Express 26.08.18.
Short Termination / Partial Cancellation:
- 12424 New Delhi – Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express arriving Guwahati on 25.08.18 was short terminated at Guwahati and originated from Guwahati at 02.45 P.M. today instead of Dibrugarh as 12423 Rajdhani Express for Delhi.
- 15959 Howrah – Dibrugarh Kamrup Express arriving Guwahati on 25.08.18 was short terminated at Guwahati and originated from Guwahati at 03.10 P.M. instead of Dibrugarh as 15960 Kamrup Express for Howrah.
- 14055 Delhi – Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail arriving Guwahati on 25.08.18 was short terminated at Lumding and will originated from Dibrugarh once track is repaired.
- 13174 Agartala – Sealdah Kanchenjungha Express arriving Lumding on 25.08.18 was short terminated at Lumding.
- 01666 Agartala – Hubibganj Special train was short-terminated at Badarpur.
- 14056 Delhi – Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail arriving Kamakhya today was short-terminated at Kamakhya and returned as 14055 Brahmaputra Mail to Delhi.
- 15909 Dibrugarh – Lalgarh Avadh Assam Express was short-terminated at Lumding.