MUMBAI: Western Railway’s Mumbai Division has started an awareness drive for promotion of UTS Mobile App at 10 of its important suburban stations viz. Churchagte, Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Malad, Nalasopar, Virar, Kandivali & Vile Parle stations from 8th June to 18th June, 2018. The event shall involve commuter interaction by railway staff & convincing the passengers to switch over to non-cash ticketing through Mobile Ticketing.
According to a press release issued by Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, as an incentive to promote mobile ticketing, Railways have announced a bonus of 5% for every recharge to the R-Wallet, on a trial basis for a period of three months up to 23rd August, 2018. The main objective of this drive is to convey to the commuters about this additional benefit and also to encourage more people to switch over to digital ticketing mode. Bhakar further informed that the awareness campaign was successfully conducted at Churchgate & Andheri stations on 8th and at Dadar station on 9th June wherein more than 800 odd commuters showed a positive response for shifting to UTS App. W. Rly exhorts its valuable commuters to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App and avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
- Available on Android, IOS & Window based smartphones.
- All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
- Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
- QR code scan option for booking tickets in station premises (QR code sticker available at all entry points )
- Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
- Dedicated Customer Care on no.138.
- Recharge can be done from any suburban booking window or through inbuilt payment gateway with Paytm, Mobiquik, Free charge
- Additional bonus travel value on each recharge of 5% till 23.08.2018.